Epidermoid cysts are slowly growing tumors arising from invagination of the epidermis into the dermis traumatically or spontaneously. This implantation in the clitoris is most commonly induced by female genital mutilation. This is the case of epidermoid cyst of vulva reported in a 20 year old patient that caused significant worry and psychological disturbances on the patient.
genital swelling, epidermoid cyst, female genital mutilation, worry
2. Gudu W. Surgical management of a huge post- circumcision epidermoid cyst of the vulva presenting unusually in a postmenopausal woman : a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2018;10–3.
3. Takpe R, Bello O, Chinedum AC. Case Report : Huge inclusion cyst as a long term complication of female genital mutilation. South Sudan Med J. 2019;12(3):109–11.
4. Rouzi AA, Sindi O, Radhan B, Ba’aqeel H. Epidermal clitoral inclusion cyst after type I female genital mutilation. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001 Sep;185(3):569–71.
5. Osifo OD. Post genital mutilation giant clitoral epidermoid inclusion cyst in Benin City, Nigeria. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2010 Dec;23(6):336–40.
6. Birge O, Erkan M, Serin A. Case report: Epidermoid inclusion cyst of the clitoris as a long-term complication of female genital mutilation. J Med Case Rep. 2019 Apr 1;13:109.